The New Zealand Sustainability Dashboard
This ARGOS project is funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and other Industry stakeholders – Part of the 2012 Biological Industries Science Investment Fund.
Description of the project
In partnership with the country’s agricultural industry sectors, the New Zealand Sustainability Dashboard project will build online user-friendly tools for sustainability assessment and reporting. These tools will assist with:
- Enabling overseas consumers/markets verify the sustainability credentials of New Zealand primary product exports through reference to monitoring results linked to internationally recognised sustainability frameworks and indicators.
- Farmer, growers and primary sectors meet local regulatory demands through the monitoring and reporting of Key Performance Indicators relevant to New Zealand industry, society, ecology and land care.
- Enhancing farmers and growers management decision making, and improve their overall sustainability, through the monitoring of key performance indicators relating to the sustainability of their business.
High level planning
- Reference – AGRB1201 – Project term 20012- 2018.
- More information on http://www.nzdashboard.org.nz
Main Research Partners
- University of Otago – Centre for Sustainability CSAFE – http://www.otago.ac.nz/csafe/
- Lincoln University – Agribusiness & Economics Research Unit (AERU) – http://www.lincoln.ac.nz/aeru
- Ecosystems Consultants – http://www.ecosystemsconsultants.co.nz/
- Landcare Research
- Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Main Commercial Partners
- Wine: New Zealand Winegrowers and Sustainable Wine New Zealand (SWINZ)
- Kiwifruit: Zespri International and other Kiwifruit partners
- Maori: Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
- Forestry: tbd
- Organic: BioGro
The AgriBusiness Group’s role and contact
- Role: Project Lead
- Key Contacts: Jon Manhire (Programme Leader) – Fay Oxenham (Project Assistant)
- More information: www.nzdashboard.org.nz