Indonesia Dairy Excellence Activity
The Indonesia Dairy Excellence Activity (IDEA) is funded and initiated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade through the New Zealand Aid Programme. The AgriBusiness Group was involved in the design activity in 2014 and procured management of Phase One in May 2016.
Description of the project
The goal of IDEA is to support increased returns from the dairy sector through the provision of farm production systems and training and support services that enable smallholder dairy farmers in Indonesia to sustainably earn profits in excess of IDR3.0million per month.
IDEA was developed in close consultation with Indonesia’s Ministry of Agriculture (Kemtan) through the Directorate General of Livestock and Animal Health Services (DGLAHS), Ministry of Agriculture.
The outcomes to be achieved by IDEA are:
- Improved quality and increased supply of local milk; and
- Dairy farms providing farmers with a good standard to living.
High level planning
IDEA will be focused in Central Java and possibly West Sumatra or South Sulawesi and will comprise of two stages:
- Inception Phase (Phase One) September 2015 – December 2016
- Implementation Phase (Phase Two) January 2017 – September 2022
The AgriBusiness Group’s role and contact
- Role: Management Services Consultant
- Key Contacts: Geoff Mavromatis (Project Director)
- Administrator: Bronwyn Winchester